Over 90 percent voted to except the Company’s offer. Thank you for all your support. ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT
ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT Contract vote form 6 am to 6 pm District 70, 3840 S. Meridian
We got a economic pass today and the Negotiation Committee is reviewing the information, Stay Tuned.
Still working on non-Economics and meeting with the Company twice a day.
Met with Company again today with Non-Economics, stay tune for more updates daily.
- New York Machinists to Fight Dresser Rand Plant Closure February 22, 2018Nearly 250 IAM Members in a tiny community of Western New York were left reeling Monday afternoon when Siemens officials suddenly announced the impending sale, and closure of the historic Dresser Rand plant in tiny Wellsville. Siemens officials met with members of IAM Local 1580 at the facility dropping the bombshell announcement that Curtiss-Wright is […]
- Labor Leaders Deliver Unified Trade Message to President Trump February 22, 2018Labor is united in its view that NAFTA is a disaster for working people and must be fixed. We had a very productive meeting which made clear to the president that a new NAFTA must create fair and balanced trade in North America. Real solutions for any new trade deal must dramatically improve workers’ rights […]
- Save the Date: Machinists Union Aerospace Conference on Sept. 10-14 February 22, 2018If you are an IAM member working in the aerospace industry, you won’t want to miss out on the Machinists Union Aerospace Conference September 10-14, 2018 held in Ft. Worth, TX. Save the date on your calendar, a call letter will be sent to local and distributed through imail soon. The post Save the Date: […]
- Winpisinger Spanish Program Highlighted in D.C.’s El Tiempo Latino February 22, 2018The IAM’s Spanish Leadership Program at the William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center was the topic this week in Washington D.C.’s preeminent Spanish language newspaper, El Tiempo Latino. Read the article in Spanish or the English translation. The Machinists Union’s effort to promote and increase leadership by our Spanish-speaking members is the result of […]
- El programa de Español de Winpisinger se Destacó en El Tiempo Latino de DC February 22, 2018El Programa de Liderazgo en español del IAM en el Centro de Educativo William W. Winpisinger fue el tema de esta semana en el periódico preeminente en español de Washington D.C., El Tiempo Latino. Lea el artículo en español o la traducción en inglés. El esfuerzo de la Unión de Maquinistas para promover y aumentar […]
- Like the IAM Federal Workers Facebook Page February 22, 2018IAM and NFFE-IAM members in the federal sector have a new forum to discuss, share and highlight their issues online. Like the IAM Federal Workers Facebook page. The page aims to mobilize and inform federal workers in real time on issues ranging from pay and benefits, legislation and government shutdowns. “I’m proud that federal workers […]
- Sending Solidarity to Minnesota Machinists at Electrolux February 20, 2018IAM International Bob Martinez traveled to Minnesota this weekend to deliver a message of solidarity to more than 900 IAM Local 623 members in St. Cloud. Electrolux, a Sweden-based freezer and refrigerator manufacturer, recently announced plans to close its St. Cloud manufacturing plant by the end of 2019. “Electrolux has been operating in St. Cloud […]
- IAM Members Endorse Incumbent Grand Lodge Officers February 20, 2018Machinists Union members have completed the endorsement process for the election of Grand Lodge Officers. The results from the DOL-supervised election are that over 770 IAM Local Lodges endorsed the incumbent slate and 20 or 21 IAM Local Lodges endorsed opponent slate candidates. More than 97 percent of Lodges nominated the incumbent slate. IAM Local […]
- Missouri Lawmakers Urge Harley-Davidson to Reconsider Closing Kansas City Plant February 20, 2018Missouri U.S. Senators Claire McCaskill and Roy Blunt, and Congressmen Sam Graves and Emanuel Cleaver II joined together to urge Harley-Davidson to reconsider plans to close its assembly plant in Kansas City. “When Kansas City beat out 30 other cities across the country as the company was looking to build a new facility in 1996, […]
- IAM/Lockheed Martin Negotiations Update February 20, 2018According to an article published in the Washington Post this week, Lockheed Martin’s largest customer is the U.S. Government. “Of Lockheed Martin’s $51 billion in sales last year, nearly 70 percent, or $35.2 billion, came from sales to the U.S. government. It’s a colossal figure, hard to comprehend. So think of it this way: Lockheed’s government […]