Over 90 percent voted to except the Company’s offer. Thank you for all your support. ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT
ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT Contract vote form 6 am to 6 pm District 70, 3840 S. Meridian
We got a economic pass today and the Negotiation Committee is reviewing the information, Stay Tuned.
Still working on non-Economics and meeting with the Company twice a day.
Met with Company again today with Non-Economics, stay tune for more updates daily.
- Tell Your Senators to Vote ‘No’ on Gutting the VA May 18, 2018The U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday voted 347-70 to pass the VA Mission Act (S. 2372). Our Sisters and Brothers at NFFE-IAM worked very hard to block this bill, or at least mitigate its damage to veteran care. Unfortunately, none of our seven changes to the bill were accepted. The VA Mission Act now […]
- Machinists Union Members Will Vote on New United Launch Alliance Offer May 17, 2018Nearly 600 Machinist Union Members at United Launch Alliance will soon vote on a new offer from the company. The negotiating committee is recommending this new agreement to the membership. Machinist members have been on strike against the company since Monday, May 7, 2018 at facilities in Decatur, AL, Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA, and […]
- Machinists Call for Crackdown on Forced Technology Transfers May 17, 2018The Machinists Union this week continued its push for fair trade policies. In testimony before the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, the IAM again sounded the alarm on unfair trade practices that cost North American jobs, like the forced transfer of technology by countries like China. “Over the years, China has relied on transfers […]
- Independent Drivers Guild Building Momentum for First Ever Minimum Pay Rate for App-Based Drivers May 17, 2018New York City’s Taxi and Limousine Commission has until Monday, May 21 to decide whether to accept or reject groundbreaking new pay rules proposed by the Independent Drivers Guild, a Machinists Union affiliate which represents and advocates for more than 60,000 app-based drivers in the city. Support for the rules is growing, with more than 16,000 drivers signed on […]
- IAM Communications Studio Dedicated to Former Director Robert Kalaski May 17, 2018Retired International President George Kourpias, General Vice President Rickey Wallace, co-workers and family members of former IAM Communications Department Director Robert Kalaski were in attendance, as the department’s production studio was dedicated in the late Kalaski’s honor. “Bob Kalaski ran this department from 1977 to 2000, a time of great changes in communications and technology,” […]
- Bring Democracy to Work May 15, 2018The Workplace Democracy Act would strengthen the middle class by restoring workers’ rights to bargain for better wages, benefits and working conditions. Declining unionization has fueled rising inequality and corporate profits are at an all-time high, while wages as a percentage of the economy are near an all-time low. The middle class is disappearing, and […]
- Oregon Welders Win Right to Join IAM May 15, 2018After an eight-month legal battle, 100 welders at Precision Castparts in Portland, OR got one step closer to having union representation when they were on the winning end of a recent decision under the NLRA. In September 2017, the group voted to join the IAM, but the company disputed their ability to do so. The […]
- GVP Blondin Path to Freedom Fun Run May 15, 2018You didn’t have to twist anyone’s arm in the Southern Territory to get them to come out for the second annual GVP Mark A. Blondin Path to Freedom Car Show, Fun Run and BBQ Cook-Off held recently at IAM District Lodge 776 in Fort Worth, TX. “We do this for the puppies. When it’s for […]
- Activate L!VE Takes to the Road at Winpisinger Center May 15, 2018If you weren’t able to watch our special edition live webcast of Activate L!VE from the William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center, you can watch it now or anytime. See it on: Facebook YouTube Twitter Activate L!VE regularly webcasts each Wednesday at 3 p.m. Eastern and can be seen on all three of the […]
- Looking Great at 98! May 15, 2018She looks really good for 98 years old! That’s how many years IAMAW Local Lodge 192 in Pensacola, FL has as of May 14, 2018. With a charter drafted on April 5, 1920 and signed in May of that same year, this is one of the oldest local lodges in the Machinists Union. “For nearly […]