Still working on non-Economics and meeting with the Company twice a day.
Met with Company again today with Non-Economics, stay tune for more updates daily.
Working every day trying to get the best contract for our membership. Introduced the IAM pension plan to the Company this week, didn’t seem to be to much interested in it. They said they will take back to up North to see if they interest in hearing more about this. Starting back with the Company […]
- IAM Supports Medicare for All; Oppose Graham-Cassidy plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act September 21, 2017IAM International President Bob Martinez issued the following statement on the Machinists Support of Medicare for All Act of 2017 and sent letter to every U.S. senator voicing IAM’s opposition to the Graham-Cassidy plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act: Medicare for All Act of 2017 “While the Affordable Care Act has been successful in […]
- IAM Locals come together before upcoming ULA negotiations September 21, 2017A trio of local lodges from Alabama, Florida and California sent representatives to the William W. Winpisinger Center recently for an intensive week of training in preparation for upcoming contract negotiations with United Launch Alliance (ULA). Formed in 2006, ULA is a joint venture of Boeing and Lockheed-Martin and employs IAM members of Local 44 […]
- IAM Members Affected by Hurricane Maria September 21, 2017IAM members in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands have been slammed by two powerful hurricanes in the last two weeks (Irma and Maria). IAM members in the affected areas are facing a long and trying road to recovery, including IAM members in Florida (Hurricane Irma) and Texas (Hurricane Harvey). They are helping their own […]
- Chicago Auto Mechanics Reach Agreement with Dealerships, End Seven-Week Strike September 19, 2017Carol Stream, IL, September 17, 2017 – Nearly 2,000 Chicago-area auto mechanics will be back at work tomorrow, bringing to a close a nearly seven-week strike against 130 new car dealerships across the city. The mechanics, represented by IAM Automobile Mechanics Local 701, ratified a new four-year deal with the Chicago New Car Dealer Committee […]
- SOLIDARITY ON DISPLAY AS MACHINISTS BAND TOGETHER FOR HARVEY RELIEF September 19, 2017As East Texas rebuilds after Hurricane Harvey, three IAM Districts and three Local Lodges have banded together to help make life a little easier for residents in hard-hit areas of Houston. Moved by the images of destruction and the needs of those impacted by the floodwaters, IAM Local 2385 in Fayetteville, Tennessee, began organizing […]
- NFFE-IAM, Labor Movement Defeat Official Time Amendments September 19, 2017The Federal Workers Alliance (FWA), including IAM government employees and National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE-IAM) members, successfully defeated attacks against their rights to fair union representation. FWA sent a letter opposing two separate amendments to the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act. The two amendments regulating official time were introduced by Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs […]
- IAM Saves Military Bases from Closure September 19, 2017IAM members defeated the McCain-Reed Base Closure Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act, a reckless proposal that would close military bases across our country. Machinists Union (IAM) International President Bob Martinez issued the following statement on the defeat of the McCain-Reed Base Closure Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act: “Working families have sent […]
- Don’t Give Away the MBTA September 19, 2017Elected officials and community members rallied together to support MBTA Mechanics at IAM Local 264. The community is taking a stand against the privatization efforts by Gov. Charlie Baker and his transit administration. IAM Local 264 recently launched a new website. I met so many members of @IAM264Boston fighting privatization. Stay strong & educate the […]
- A College Education without the Cost September 14, 2017You read that right. Your union is now offering a Free College Benefit to members and their families. The IAM is excited to announce the new free college benefit available to Machinists Union members and their families: a free associate’s degree from Eastern Gateway Community College. Online Classes Start October 16 – Get Registered Now Having […]
- IAM Fighting Military Base Closures September 14, 2017IAM members are working to defeat the McCain-Reed Base Closure Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act, a reckless proposal that would close military bases across our country. Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) affects IAM members working on government installations including government employees and those working under service contracts. Many of those IAM members are […]