Over 90 percent voted to except the Company’s offer. Thank you for all your support. ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT
ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT Contract vote form 6 am to 6 pm District 70, 3840 S. Meridian
We got a economic pass today and the Negotiation Committee is reviewing the information, Stay Tuned.
Still working on non-Economics and meeting with the Company twice a day.
Met with Company again today with Non-Economics, stay tune for more updates daily.
- IAM Canada Grabs Largest Organizing Victory in Decades April 19, 2018There was nothing small about this campaign. The numbers of new members – 2,400, the numbers of meetings held over a six-day period with these members – 36, the strength of the proven track record of representation for workers: it all adds up to make the IAM a major player in Ontario’s Health Care Sector. […]
- West Virginia Members, Supporters Rally for Contract April 19, 2018More than 100 supporters of IAM Local 818 attended a rally yesterday in Glen Dale, WV to show solidarity to the members on strike at Tecnocap. Members and their families showed up in force along with retirees, other unions and government officials. Watch District 54 President T. Dean Wright Jr give a strike update on […]
- IAM Mourns with Humboldt April 19, 2018IAM members attending the William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center last week gathered to send a message of support to the Canadian hockey community, the town of Humboldt and all Canadians following the horrific accident that took the lives of 16 young people aboard a junior hockey league team bus. The bus carrying the […]
- The Gift of a Guitar Bringing Members Together at Winpisinger Center April 19, 2018Sitting on the serene banks of the Patuxent River in southern Maryland is the IAM’s world-class labor education facility, the Winpisinger Center. Every year, thousands of Machinists Union members travel here to learn skills in organizing, negotiating, union leadership and more. The Winpisinger Center also gives IAM members from across North America and of all […]
- Safety and Health Conference April 19, 2018Registration is now open for the 2018 IAM Safety and Health Conference to be held August 12-17 at the William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center in Hollywood, MD. Deadline to register is Friday, June 1. Download the call letter. The conference is a great opportunity for IAM members to enhance their safety awareness and […]
- It’s Our Time Now to Reach for the Skies April 17, 2018Just days ago, it was a breathtaking scene in the sky as another Atlas 5 Rocket was triumphantly launched from Florida. The day marked the 77th successful Atlas 5 mission since the rocket’s introduction. As always, it was a badge of honor to the more than 500 IAM Members whose hard work and dedication allow these […]
- West Virginia Local on Strike April 17, 2018Thirty skilled trade members of Wheeling, WV IAM Local 818 took to the picket lines last week after rejecting the company’s contract offer and unanimously voting to strike their employer Tecnocap. At issue is Tecnocap’s refusal to bargain in good faith as required by law with the IAM as the collective bargaining representative, by making […]
- GST Department Raises Over $8K for GDA April 17, 2018Nearly 80 runners and walkers participated in the 2018 IAM 5K last Saturday, raising over $8,000 for Guide Dogs of America. The event hosted by the IAM General Secretary-Treasurer’s Department was held at the William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center in Hollywood, MD. The 3.1 mile run/walk at the William W. Winpisinger Center in […]
- Happy Birthday A. Philip Randolph April 17, 2018Today the IAM & TCU say, “happy birthday!” to our Brother Asa Philip Randolph a labor leader and social activist born on April 15, 1889. Randolph founded the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters on August 25, 1925. Serving as its president, he sought to gain the union’s inclusion in the American Federation of Labor, the […]
- Guide Dogs in Studio on Wednesday’s Activate L!VE April 17, 2018Join the IAM’s live studio webcast of Activate L!VE Wednesday, April 18 at 3 p.m. Eastern. This week’s show will focus on the union’s no. 1 charity Guide Dogs of America. We’ll hear from GDA President Russell Gittlen about what’s new at the school and its training program. Michelle Plunkett, a GDA graduate from Virginia, […]