Over 90 percent voted to except the Company’s offer. Thank you for all your support. ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT
ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT Contract vote form 6 am to 6 pm District 70, 3840 S. Meridian
We got a economic pass today and the Negotiation Committee is reviewing the information, Stay Tuned.
Still working on non-Economics and meeting with the Company twice a day.
Met with Company again today with Non-Economics, stay tune for more updates daily.
- Martin Appointed Southern Territory Special Representative July 12, 2018IAM International President Bob Martinez has announced the appointment of Craig Martin to serve as Southern Territory Special Representative effective August 1, 2018. “As Directing Business Representative of District 161 for the past decade, he’s made it clear to all, that the labor movement isn’t a job for Craig,” said Southern Territory General Vice President […]
- IAM Families Awarded 2018 Union Plus Scholarships July 12, 2018The Union Plus Scholarship Program announced its 2018 winners totaling $150,000 in scholarships. The list includes members of two IAM families who were recognized for their academic achievement and exhibition of union values. Betta Lyon-Delsordo of Missoula, MT, daughter of NFFE-IAM Local 60 member David Delsordo, has been awarded a $4,000 scholarship. Julia Pelletier of […]
- A Troubling Pick for the Supreme Court July 10, 2018The White House, with its nomination of D.C. Circuit Court Judge Brett Kavanaugh to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy on the U.S. Supreme Court, has chosen a man with a history of ruling against working people and their unions. “In terms of the business community, corporate interests and money, he is their dream choice,” said IAM […]
- Federal Worker Executive Orders: What Civil Servants Need to Know July 10, 2018Machinists Union (IAM) and NFFE Federal District 1 (NFFE-IAM) members at a growing number of federal agencies are reporting drastic changes to work rules and procedures. More changes can be expected as agencies seek to comply with President Trump’s executive orders (EO’s) concerning the federal workforce. Under the guise of “civil service reform,” each of […]
- Here’s How the Machinists Celebrated Freedom July 10, 2018Before the 4th of July, we put out a call for IAM members to share photos of how they celebrate our nation’s independence. Here are some of our favorites. Thanks to everyone who participated! Posted by William LePinske on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 Posted by Adam Beasley on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 #IAMerica Happy 4th of July […]
- Taking Care of the Machinists at Boeing July 10, 2018In 1936, the IAMAW signed its first contract with Boeing in Seattle. Little did anyone know this relationship would last for nearly a century. “The Machinists Union and Boeing have become synonymous with a defining product that has changed the industry across the U.S. We are proud of that relationship and the work our members at […]
- Corpus Christ, TX Local Prepares for DynCorp Negotiations July 10, 2018Negotiating Committee for IAM Local 2916 from Corpus Christi, TX, along with staff members from District 776, participated in the Negotiation Preparation for Bargaining Committee’s program at the William W. Winpisinger Center in Hollywood, MD. The Locals represent employees at DynCorp International, which perform aircraft maintenance. The current contract with DynCorp International expires September 30, […]
- Show Us How You Celebrate Freedom July 3, 2018We know how hard Machinists go on the 4th of July. BBQ and fireworks? Check. Water balloon fights and parades? Of course. So let’s see it! Post your July 4th selfies in the comments of our Facebook post or on Twitter using the hashtag #IAMerica. We will be sure to share the best posts. The […]
- Machinists at Setco Agree to Another Three July 3, 2018If your office is a “Big Rig” or a heavy duty truck, then you know you are going to need a clutch that goes the distance. That’s where the IAM comes in. Machinist members from IAM Local Lodge 1387 who work at Setco Automotive (N.A.) Inc. in Paris, TN inspect and if needed, rework some of […]
- IAM Honors Aviation High School Graduates July 2, 2018Aviation High School recently held its annual graduation ceremony. Approximately 440 students received their high school diploma, with many earning their Airframe and Powerplant licenses certifying them to work as mechanics in the airline industry. This year, both the Valedictorian and Salutatorian were presented with IAM scholarships. There were several other airline representatives and sponsors that […]