Over 90 percent voted to except the Company’s offer. Thank you for all your support. ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT
ONE VOICE ONE CONTRACT Contract vote form 6 am to 6 pm District 70, 3840 S. Meridian
We got a economic pass today and the Negotiation Committee is reviewing the information, Stay Tuned.
Still working on non-Economics and meeting with the Company twice a day.
Met with Company again today with Non-Economics, stay tune for more updates daily.
- New Graduates of Joint IAM/Boeing Apprenticeship Program December 12, 2017Western Territory General Vice President Gary Allen was on hand to congratulate the recent graduates of the jointly administered apprenticeship program. The IAM and Boeing have a long tradition of working together to fill positions with highly skilled Machinists union members. “In the days of old, our trades were held as sacred; a hidden knowledge […]
- Negron Honored by New Jersey Labor Advisory Board December 12, 2017IAM Eastern Territory Chief of Staff was recently honored with the Outstanding Labor Leader Award at the 28th Annual New Jersey Labor Advisory Board Brunch. The annual event raises funds that benefit the Thurgood Marshall College Fund. Negron was honored for helping to build a foundation for college students that might have opted out of […]
- 2018 AFL-CIO Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Civil and Human Rights Conference December 12, 2017The AFL-CIO’s Civil, Human and Women’s Rights Department will host the 2018 Martin Luther King Jr. Civil and Human Rights Conference, January 12-15, 2018 at the Hilton Americas Houston, 1600 Lamar St., Houston, TX. This conference celebrates Dr. King’s life and his legacy of working to improve our lives and the lives of future generations. […]
- Support Guide Dogs of America Fund-A-Need December 12, 2017As part of Guide Dogs of America’s Holiday Fund-A-Need, take a little peek into the bond between visually impaired graduates and their guides. And, what better way than a few words posted to retired guide Escort by Adam as he begins his journey to receive his next guide dog. This partnership is only possible because of generous […]
- Machinists, American Airlines Partner for Relief Flight to Puerto Rico December 7, 2017The IAM, AFL-CIO affiliates, and American Airlines came together to deliver much-needed water and relief supplies to Puerto Rico’s working families. The cargo space was generously donated by American Airlines. “The IAM is again honored to be involved in bringing essential relief aid to the working families of Puerto Rico,” said Transportation GVP Sito Pantoja. […]
- Winning in Wichita December 7, 2017Wichita workers are thrilled as Spirit AeroSystems announced its plan to add more than 1,000 jobs to the workforce, with an investment of more than $1 billion over the next five years. “This is a good day for Wichita but a great day for the IAM because these are the jobs we dominate at the […]
- Enroll Now for Retirees Education & Strategy Program December 7, 2017The deadline is January 6, 2018 to register for the IAM Retirees Department Retirees Education & Strategy Program (RESP) to be held March 4–9, 2018 at the William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center in Hollywood, MD. The official call letter and registration forms are available in English and French. The documents include all required […]
- 27 Years of Giving for Connecticut Machinists December 7, 2017For the 27th year a IAM Local 1871 run food pantry in Groton, CT, provided more than 150 Thanksgiving baskets for out-of-work members, needy families and others in the community. Volunteers distributed baskets to families which included a complete Thanksgiving dinner, supplied at no cost to working families who might not otherwise enjoy a traditional […]
- Maine Machinists Help School Meet Goal to Assist Children December 5, 2017Topsham, ME IAM Local S89 recently participated in a drive to collect food, winter clothing and backpacks for children in need attending Lewiston Middle School. The local includes the paralegals of the law firm McTeague-Higbee and government employees of Bath, Harspwell, Topsham and Wiscassest, ME. Local S89 members spent two weeks collecting food items that […]
- Protect Our Pensions December 5, 2017IAM International President Bob Martinez recently sent letters supporting legislation that would help save the financially-troubled multiemployer pension system while fully protecting the earned and vested benefits of current and future retirees. The Butch Lewis Act of 2017 (S. 2147), sponsored by U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (OH) and the Rehabilitation for Multiemployer Pensions Act of […]